Claims Technician – London
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Claims Technician to join our London office from April 2021.
Reporting to the Senior Claims Technician you will be an active member of the Support function within the region with the overall objective of providing effective support to Adjusters, aiding the region’s efficiency and productivity in the handling of commercial claims.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Administration of new claims including receiving instruction, issuing acknowledgments, setting up files and undertaking of risk screening and triaging.
- Working closely with Adjusters to assist with investigation and validation enquiries.
- Controlling the lifecycle of the files to drive diary management and support the proactive management of claims from setting up to conclusion
- Overseeing Adjuster caseloads when necessary during periods of leave
- Liaising as required with the insured, insurers, brokers and any other stakeholders to ensure optimum customer service, becoming a point of contact where needed for interested parties.
- Aiding the production of technical reports for Adjusters in compliance with professional standards and internal guidelines and in accordance with agreed timescales
- Ensuring time reporting and billing is compliant with internal standards processing and systems
- Developing and running management information for clients as well as for internal use, including performance measurement and data integrity reports
- Ensuring company standards are met in relation to all technical and operational policies and procedures, including data protection and information security
- Account management support where required
- Incoming telephone calls / resolve queries
- Other ad hoc work as required
About you – Knowledge and Experience:
The successful candidate will have practical claims handling experience, including responsibility for management and control of caseload, preferable within a commercial insurance bias. They must demonstrate a focus on quality, communication, organisational skills and thrive in a high-pressured working environment, to ensure targets and deadlines are met. They will have proficient IT skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel and have the ability to develop strong relationships, both internally and externally. The ideal candidate must be, or be working towards becoming CII/CILA qualified.
Should you wish to apply, please forward your CV and supporting cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org