Claims Technician – London
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Claims Technician to join our Commercial Property team in the London office.
Reporting to the Senior Claims Technician you will be an active member of the Support function within the region with the overall objective of providing effective support to Adjusters, aiding the region’s efficiency and productivity in the handling of commercial claims.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Administration of new claims including receiving instruction, issuing acknowledgments, setting up files and undertaking of risk screening and triaging
Working closely with Adjusters to assist with investigation and validation enquiries
- Controlling the lifecycle of the files to drive diary management and support the proactive management of claims from setting up to conclusion
- Overseeing Adjuster caseloads when necessary during periods of leave
- Liaising as required with the insured, insurers, brokers and any other stakeholders to ensure optimum customer service, becoming a point of contact where needed for interested parties.
- Aiding the production of technical reports for Adjusters in compliance with professional standards and internal guidelines and in accordance with agreed timescales
- Ensuring time reporting and billing is compliant with internal standards processing and systems
- Developing and running management information for clients as well as for internal use, including performance measurement and data integrity reports
- Ensuring company standards are met in relation to all technical and operational policies and procedures, including data protection and information security
- Account management support where required
- Incoming telephone calls / resolve queries
- Other ad hoc work as required.
About you – Knowledge and Experience:
- You must have previous claims handling experience including caseload management
- You must be, or be working towards becoming, CILA/CII qualified
- Organised and able to self-manage workload, having a methodical, accurate and analytical approach to work, with a considerable pride in the quality of output
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, being able to communicate in a clear, concise and structured manner
- Strong relationship management skills, with a capability of establishing good working relationships with your team, colleagues and 3rd parties
- Excellent stakeholder management with an ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting demands
- Thrive in a high-pressured working environment
- Be driven to meet and exceed targets
- Flexible with regards to travel which may be required as and when.
Should you wish to apply, please submit your CV and supporting cover letter to email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.