Head of Public Sector
Operating for over 80 years, McLarens boasts consolidated income of over USD 140 million. Headquartered in Atlanta, with over 131 service locations in more than 80 countries, McLarens provides claims management services ranging from loss adjusting and auditing to pre-risk and damage surveying expertise in specific areas such as property, casualty, third party administration, construction & engineering, crisis management, FAJ & specie, marine & transit, and natural resources.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Public Sector.
Reporting to the Executive Director, your overall responsibility will be to deliver on strategic and operational objectives, working closely with the other Heads of Specialist Practices, Operation Heads and Client Account Directors/Managers. The role requires UK and Ireland focus and is at Leadership Team level. There will also be a requirement to manage your own portfolio of claims.
Your responsibilities will include:
- In collaboration with the Executive Director; build a strategic plan to grow McLarens business in the Public Sector
- Working with Client Account Directors/Managers to understand our position with new, existing and target clients in order to help model the plan
Operational Controls and Process
- Working with Heads of Specialist Practices and Operation Heads; review current Public Sector business and engage with this group to;
- Ensure we have an identifiable proposition in all areas for the sector
- Act as a focal point for any sector specific enquires
- Through knowledge share, help train and mentor individuals
- Work with the existing operational framework for efficient service delivery
- Lead on Public Sector business development and thought leadership to promote, raise and develop McLarens profile
- Achieve profitable growth of the McLarens Public Sector product by;
- Building relationships with all influential parties including key personnel in Insurers, MGAs, Local, Regional and National Brokers, Risk and Insurance Managers of Public Sector entities and other key risks
- Personally seek, secure and retain nominations through active management
- Devise and support a UK and Ireland model to enhance regional growth
- Involvement in tenders and presentations as required
- Manage your own portfolio, the profile of which will focus on Public Sector claims
About you – Knowledge and Experience:
- A demonstrable knowledge of the Public Sector, including Housing, Education, Further Education and Charities
- Preferably qualified to ACII and/or ACILA level
- A proven track record of thought leadership and handling claims in the Public Sector
- Leadership, organisational and presentation skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Robust stakeholder management including a proven track record of building strong working relationships, externally and internally
- Personal pride in delivering outputs on time, with a focus on quality and communication, whilst managing multiple deadlines
- The ability to prioritise effectively and deal with conflicting demands
- Work independently and in a team environment
- A willingness to travel throughout the UK and Ireland is required as and when, so flexibility is a must
We look forward to hearing from you.