Posted: 07th Aug 19 | REF: MDHK01
Marine Director – Hong Kong
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Director experienced in marine claims to join our Marine team in Hong Kong.
Reporting to the Hong Kong Managing Director, you will be required to lead a small team of surveyors, manage settlements and your own case load of claims efficiently in accordance with McLarens Service Standards.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Handling, managing and resolving marine claims and surveys.
- Focusing on the business, its reputation and the efficiency and profitability of the team.
- Ensuring that nothing short of a professional work product is provided to all customers.
- Developing or enhancing relationships between the team and customers to deliver a value proposition to customers to meet their current and future needs.
- Leading, managing and motivating the team and expanding their professional education and loss adjusting abilities as well as their interpersonal and teamwork skills, to deliver an excellent and seamless service to all customers.
- Working closely with other McLarens team leaders to simultaneously leverage connections with other McLarens offices in the region, demonstrating the strengths of the McLarens footprint.
Knowledge and Experience:
- You will be a Cantonese speaker and will be the holder of a degree or formal professional or vocational qualification. You will need to show strong oral and written communication skills in English and Chinese.
- Previous experience of working in an office and on-site investigating larger or complicated claims is essential.
- Have a good understanding of the insurance industry and will already have formed relationships with market participants.
- Ability to develop business networks and growth initiatives.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and conflicting demands
Should you wish to apply, please forward your CV and supporting cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you.