Real Estate Account Handler
Operating for over 80 years, McLarens boasts consolidated income of over USD 140 million. Headquartered in Atlanta, with over 131 service locations in more than 80 countries, McLarens provides claims management services ranging from loss adjusting and auditing to pre-risk and damage surveying expertise in specific areas such as property, casualty, third party administration, construction & engineering, crisis management, FAJ & specie, marine & transit, and natural resources.
As part of our continuing expansion we currently have an exciting opportunity within our Real Estate team based in Chelmsford. However, the successful candidate will be required to travel to the London office to fulfil the requirements of the role.
Reporting to the Pan-European Manager you will be responsible for handling a portfolio of property & liability claims for both the UK and Europe, from investigation to settlement, ensuring company standards are met in relation to all technical and operational policies and procedures, including data protection and information security.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Investigating, negotiating and agreeing settlement of claims in a professional manner
- Liaising with insured, insurers/brokers to achieve professional and timely conclusion of claims
- Liaising with stakeholders overseas
- Producing reports in compliance with professional standards and internal guidelines in accordance with agreed timescales
- Ensuring time reporting and billing is compliant with internal standards, processing and systems
- Ensuring invoices raised are accurate and timely
- Liaising closely with McLarens Adjusters where appropriate
- Attend client review meetings
About you – Knowledge and Experience:
Ideally, successful candidates will have gained experience in the real estate/commercial property loss adjusting sectors, demonstrating a focus on quality, communication and organisational skills. They will have proven capability in negotiation, decision making, and problem-solving skills, coupled with strong stakeholder management. An ability to develop strong relationships both internally and externally is imperative.
It would be desirable for candidates to be professionally qualified or working towards a professional qualification.