Brendan commenced his insurance career as a commercial account handler with an international insurer, Quinn Direct Insurance, in the Republic of Ireland in 2003 whilst undertaking a Bachelor of Science degree in Business and Computing at the University of Ulster, Northern Ireland.
He returned to Quinn Direct in 2005 and took up claims positions including management of several high value commercial property and liability claims, before joining a GAB Robins in 2017 as a property loss adjuster in the Republic of Ireland.
In 2010, he relocated to Belfast, Northern Ireland, where he continued his career with Crawford & Company, which included assignments throughout the United Kingdom and Queensland to assist with catastrophe responses.
In 2015, he relocated with Crawford & Company to Sydney where he gained further experience in commercial property, strata property, and high-net worth property claims, and grew a following by several major insurers. He was promoted to General Adjuster Major and Complex Loss in 2019, before moving to McLarens in 2022 as a Senior Loss Adjuster.
- Storm damage to government buildings (AUD $1.4 million)
- Storm and bushfire damage to government assets including roads, infrastructure, and dams – in excess of AUD $3million
- Storm damage to residential strata building – circa AUD $2million
- Total loss bushfire damage to farm properties – in excess of AUD $3 million
- Fire damage to restaurant – AUD $400k
- Cyclone damage to farm property – AUD 1million
- Contamination of strata building by illicit drug manufacturing – AUD $300k.
- Storm damage to wall cladding in high-rise strata building – $450k