Following an Apprenticeship with Rolls Royce Aero Engines and gaining a BSc in Mechanical Engineering, David left to join a French Drilling Company, part of Schlumberger. After training in the North Sea, he was transferred to Libya as Field Engineer before moving to Nigeria as Base Manager in Port Harcourt. Following a Head Quarters posting to Paris, he left to run a series of niche manufacturing companies in France and UK, designing, manufacturing and selling equipment to the Military, Oil, Gas and Petrochemical Industries worldwide.
Since 2004, David has worked on Major Engineering Insurance claims on all types of equipment from Gas Turbines & CHP Diesels, through Mining & Manufacturing Machinery and Rail Rolling Stock to Japanese Electronics Factories in Thailand.
- Thailand Floods: Japanese Electronics Factories – 3 metres deep for 5 weeks, repair & replace machines (£200 Million)
- Gas Turbine Failures: 220 MW – 6MW, largest claim (£12 Million)
- UK Paper Mill Fire – Fire & Water damage to Paper Making & Converting Machinery (£22 Million)
- Holland : Crane Barge – damage to 2 Main Slew Ring Bearings (£1 Million)
- Rail Rolling Stock : various derailments & collisions including Gray Rigg West Coast Mainline 2007 (£25 Million)
- Saw Mill Fires : Repair or Replace damaged machinery (£2 Million)
- Radiation Research Laboratory – Refute claim for waterlogged equipment after Sprinkler activation
- Unmanned Aerial Vehicles – Manage overhaul of Target Drones following Sprinkler activation (£400 K)
- Complex Laboratory and Medical Machines including Electron Microscopes & MRI Scanners (£200 K)
- Quarry Plant & Equipment – Trucks, Cranes, Conveyors, Excavators, Crushers & Screens (£250 K)