Jordan began his career at a construction firm, specifically a structural consultant firm specializing in conservation and repairs and a government building authority. He then became a loss adjuster at an international loss adjusting firm handling general claims. Due to his background, he quickly moved into more complex and technical claims.
Jordan joined another loss adjusting firm and rose through the ranks to director and was in charge of a portfolio of major civil engineering works. Jordan has dealt with various claims including mega-complex, power plants, petrochemical and underground services and tunnelling projects under CAR/EAR as well as operational IAR/BI claims. In handling the losses, Jordan travelled to China, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Indonesia, Philippines, Japan, France and South Africa.
With over 30 years of experience, Jordan joined McLarens as Regional Director – Construction in Singapore in May 2019 to establish a specialist unit for construction and engineering for the region.
- Fire damage to steel rolling machine in Philippines (USD 40 Million)
- Several damage to power generation turbines in Vietnam with business interruption (USD 20 Million)
- Damage to canal wall under construction (USD 10 Million)
- Damage to 60 surrounding third party properties due to shaft excavation works (USD 10 Million)
- Damage to new building due to defective wall material (USD 8 Million)
- Fire damage to school during construction (USD 7 Million)
- Damage to existing bored piles during construction (USD 7 Million)
- Collapse of cofferdam during construction works (USD 6 Million)
- Damage to existing toll bridge with consequential loss due to typhoon in Philippines (USD 5 Million)
- Collapse of portal frame during erection in Myanmar (USD 2 Million)