After qualifying as a Chartered Accountant in 1989, Kevin commenced his loss adjusting career in 1991 with Miller Knight before moving to Toplis & Harding in 1994 and McLaren Dick & Company in 1995. Following the takeover by Capita in 2002, Kevin remained with the business as a Business Interruption/Financial Lines Specialist under the Capita McLarens/Capita Insurance Services/Teceris trading names until a management buyout formed VRS Vericlaim in 2009. He was Head of Business Interruption at Vericlaim London office for ten years through to its subsequent acquisition by Sedgwick. Kevin joined McLarens in August 2019 as an Executive Adjuster and Major Loss Accountant for the UK southern region.
Kevin has extensive experience of adjusting business interruption, stock and other financial claims across a wide range of commercial sectors such as retail, manufacturing, wholesale, leisure, care homes, professional services and agriculture.
Kevin has also been involved in adjusting catastrophe losses, such as those arising from the recent London and Manchester terrorist attacks, London riots, Buncefield explosion, Thailand floods, IRA bombings and major UK flood/storm incidents.
Has been a court witness in a number of civil and criminal cases arising out of insurance claims. Awarded commercial loss adjuster of the year by Covea Insurance in 2017.
- Financial losses at a major retail chain following Thailand flooding (GBP 80 Million)
- Business interruption losses at a hypermarket in South Korea (GBP 5 Million)
- Luxury hotel fire/business interruption (GBP 3 Million)
- Care home fire/business interruption (GBP 2 Million)
- Equipment manufacturing plant explosion/business interruption (GBP 1 Million)
- Fire/loss of stock at processed tobacco warehouse Zambia (GBP 13 Million)
- Waste disposal facility fire/business interruption (GBP 1.5 Million)
- High class jewellers business interruption/escape of water (GBP 1.2 Million)