Kobe graduated from Shanghai Maritime University in 2000 with a bachelors degree in ocean ship navigation. Following his graduation, he joined a domestic Chinese shipping company as a deck cadet, where he was responsible for ship navigation on board vessels carrying bulk cargo. He was promoted to Second Officer in 2005. In December 2005, he joined QPRO Inspection & Technical Service Co., Ltd. as a marine cargo Loss Adjuster. During this period, he has gained experience in draft surveys, liquid cargo surveys, containerised cargo loading supervision, steel/heavy/oversized cargo surveys, lashing and stowage supervision.
In 2010, Kobe joined MOL (China) Ltd. Guangzhou Branch as a Port Captain, where he was responsible for loading/discharging supervision on board and quality control. At this time, he was also put in charge of resolving any issues that arose during loading/discharging, operations, reporting directly to MOLS headquarters in Tokyo.
Kobe joined McLarens in March 2011 as a Marine Loss Adjuster, since which time he has dealt with numerous cases involving inland transportation investigations, carrier’s liability, terminal liability, lightering inspections, port discharge inspections, OOG cargo loading supervision, and bulk liquid claims.
- Draft survey of 200,000 tons of Greek national duke under poor conditions of bulk CE
- Inspection, port discharging, and shore tank inspection for a VLCC level foreign tanker
- Loading instruction for oversize cargo weighing 270 tons, 70 meters long at Shekou Port
- Yantian Port copier damage claims
- Fire damage to products in transit
- Goods imported under the condition of a container seal intact shortage case
- Ship arrested due to quality of goods case