Lucas graduated from Curtin University of Technology with a degree in Civil and Construction Engineering. He then joined a local consulting engineering firm for four years as a design engineer mainly involved in the design of steel plant structures and reinforced concrete structures.
Lucas commenced his career in loss adjusting in 2017 with an international loss adjuster in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Throughout his years in the company, he has accumulated vast experience as a loss adjuster with exposure in handling losses involving Engineering, Construction, Professional Indemnity, Fire and other miscellaneous classes.
Lucas joined McLarens Malaysia in May 2021.
- Damage/defect of a base slab in a high-rise tower (USD 35 Million)
- Damage to a valve of a pipeline end manifold (USD 4 Million)
- Pile Damage at coal unloading trestle (USD 1.5 Million)
- Damage to seawater intake chambers (USD 7.5 Million)
- Damage to multiple third-party properties due to deep excavation works (USD 1 Million)
- Failure of basement structure (USD 1.5 Million)
- Fire in the basement of a high-rise building (USD 1 Million)
- Error in designing transfer plates and wall structures (USD 500 K)
- Collapse of reinforced soil retaining walls & damage to third party property (USD 400 K)