Michelle began working in the insurance industry in 2004 as a claims adjuster in the Casualty arena dealing with both company and Lloyds markets globally. Prior to joining McLarens, Michelle was responsible for the management of various books of business including Cyber, US Casualty, International Casualty, Product Recall, Environmental and US Health for XL and Ironshore/ Pembroke, where she also managed teams of both senior and junior adjusters. Michelle has extensive experience in complex large losses and the interaction of all parties from notification to the resolution of the claim.
Specialising in US claims, Michelle’s expertise allows for management of the loss from the first notice, the appointment of lawyers, the risks of each jurisdiction and the expectations of all parties, to ensure a fair resolution.
Michelle passed the New York State Bar Exam in 2019 and has also presented for US law firms and their domestic market clients on the role of US litigation in the London market.
Michelle is a Member of The Gavel and a IUA Cyber Committee member.
- Global leader in railcar leasing. Train derailment (USD 200 Million)
- Events promoter and venue operator. Mass shooting (USD 800 Million)
- Child car seat manufacturer. RTA causing quadriplegic injuries to a child (USD 34 Million)
- Global resources company. Dam collapse (USD 2 Billion)
- City Law Department. Wrongful incarceration (USD 32 Million)
- City Law Department. Police shooting (USD 29 Million)
- Oilfield service company. Oil spill (USD 560 Million)
- Themed entertainment company. RTA (USD 119 Million)
- Events promoter. Fall from height (USD 101 Million)
- Global supplier of commercial highway products. RTA (USD 39 Million)
California Claims Regs certified
LLB (Hons) from University of Kent, Passed the New York State Bar Exam in 2019
Cyber, US Health, Product Recall, Environmental, Construction Defect
16 years 2004