Miriam commenced her career as an Apprentice Solicitor in 2007 where she gained experience in probate, conveyancing, criminal law and family law with specific emphasis on commercial litigation, civil litigation and employment law. Upon qualifying as a Solicitor, Miriam commenced working for a loss adjusting firm based in Munster in 2010. During her time there, she obtained experience in the management of a large portfolio of claims specialising in public liability and employers’ liability on behalf of Insurers/Self-Insureds
In 2014 Miriam commenced working as a Liability Adjuster with Cunningham Lindsey where she developed particular experience in handling claims involving professional indemnity, motor, liability (property and casualty) and with specific expertise in defamation, bullying harassment and claims arising from festivals. She also worked extensively in the area of specialist sports claims.
Miriam is currently a member of the Galway branch of the Insurance Institute of Ireland.
- Motor claim – Loss of limb of a Cyclist
- Professional Indemnity – Claim involving the acceptance of bids by way of email by Auctioneers
- Products Liability – Insect infestation in a bakery
- Fatal Injury – Employee fatally injured in agricultural accident
- Public Liability – Multiple serious assaults claims arising from festival event
- Public Liability – Oil remediation claim involving neighbouring properties and watercourses
- Employers’ Liability – Equestrian related accident resulting in paraplegia
National University of Ireland, Galway - B.A. (Hons) & Laws (Hons); Law Society of Ireland - Solicitor; Law Society of Ireland - Dip. Corp. Law. Gov. CIP
11 years 2008