Nigel’s has a mechanical engineering background, having worked at British Steel in the UK as well as for the American Bureau of Shipping and a state-owned Oil & Gas Company in the Middle East.
In 2004, Nigel relocated to New Zealand where he began his adjusting career with an international adjusting practice as the Engineering Team Leader handling and overseeing a portfolio of property damage, machinery breakdown, alternative energy, CAR/EAR, liability & CAT claims. During this time Nigel completed professional insurance qualifications and gained chartered status.
In 2011, Nigel relocated to Singapore taking on a role as a regional Natural Resources adjuster dealing with high value complex claims associated with the Offshore Oil and Gas sectors. He has extensive experience of dealing with losses relating to both onshore and offshore CAR/EAR plus Oil & Gas assets.
In 2015 Nigel transferred to the Middle East in order to start up a new adjusting office in Abu Dhabi. Whilst responsible for the day to day running the office, Nigel also continued to undertake Natural Resources assignments as well as develop a portfolio of onshore Property & Casualty work.
Nigel brings a wealth of specialist industry experience to McLarens along with in-depth technical knowledge relating to claim adjustment & Policy interpretation having dealt with high value complex losses throughout the Globe.
He is a regional adjuster based in Singapore and as such is able to undertake assignments throughout the region, specialising in Engineering & Natural Resources claims associated with heavy industry, power generation and onshore/offshore oil & gas.
Nigel has involvement in both the Australasian Association of Chartered Loss Adjusters (AICLA) and the Australia & New Zealand Institute of Insurance & Finance (ANZIIF).
- Natural Resources – Upstream Energy – Operational Policy – Failure of FPSO Mooring System & Swivel (USD 115 Million)
- Natural Resources – Upstream Energy – Damage to Contract Works – Damage to two 110Km 11Kv subsea power cable (USD 35 Million)
- Natural Resources – Upstream Energy – Damage to Contract Works -Total Loss of subsea flowline during sea transport (USD 27 Million)
- Natural Resources – Upstream Energy – Damage to Contract Works – Failure of 42″ gas pipeline support crowns (USD 18 Million)
- Natural Resources – Upstream Energy – Damage to Contract Works – Subsea pipeline drag during construction (USD 37 Million)
- General Liability – Building foundation subsidence due to de-watering at neighboring site (USD 10 Million)
- Construction & Erection All Risks & Associated ALOP- Internal Leaks resulting in failure of ammonia converter (USD 36 Million)
- Natural Resources – Hull & Machinery – Failure of Drill Ship main propulsion system (USD 15 Million)
- Property – Fire – Total Loss of Dry Goods Warehouse – New Zealand (USD 10 Million)
- Natural Resources – Operational Policy – Failure of Gas Turbine due to unscheduled grid Event (USD 14 Million PD & BI)