Russ has been involved in the loss adjusting industry since 1972. He has worked various roles within two Newcastle-based international firms before joining a national adjusting firm in 1981. Located in a diverse market, Russ gained experience in the management of major commercial and industrial losses. He then founded his own adjusting firm in 1992 before rolling the business into McLarens as a Franchisee in 1997.
Russ was appointed to the McLarens Australian Board in 2006. He was involved in major catastrophes in Australia and New Zealand in the past including earthquakes, cyclones, storms, floods, and bushfires.
- Sporting Facility: Fire (AUD 8 Million)
- Commercial Premises Electrical Engineering Offices: Fire (AUD 1.5 Million)
- Plant: Fire (AUD 3 Million)
- Various Major Commercial Earthquake Damage Claims (Excess of AUD 1 Million)
- University: Hail Damage (AUD 3.2 Million)