Veknesh Subramaniam graduated from the National University of Malaysia with a degree in Business Administration (BBA) and has attained his professional degree with the Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII) having the conferment of Senior AMII accreditation.
He commenced his career in loss adjusting in 1999 with a local adjusting firm in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. He subsequently joined an international loss adjusting firm in 2003 prior to joining one of the largest local adjusters, where he served as an assistant general manager handling sizable losses and managing a portfolio of large carriers for both local and global insurers, brokers and corporate clients / multinational corporations (MNC).
He joined McLarens as a General Manager in August 2017 involved in setting up of the Malaysian office and the focal liaison for the overall operations. He was promoted to Managing
Director in Nov 2022
Over time, Veknesh has accumulated vast working experience as a loss adjuster with extensive exposure in handling losses involving fire, explosion, liability, engineering, plant & machinery, equipment, fidelity guarantee as well as various other types of claims for both commercial and industrial losses. He has further handled catastrophe claims involving floods in Malaysia and Hurricane Irma and Maria claims in the Caribbean Islands.
He is also often sought within the Malaysian insurance fraternity to conduct trainings and is also a resource person for the Malaysian Insurance Institute (MII) in setting examination questions and question moderation for the Basic Certificate in Insurance Loss Adjusting (BCILA).
- Petrochemical Plant: Machinery Breakdown (USD 50 Million)
- Power Plant: Machinery Breakdown (USD 10 Million
- Polyester factory: Fire/Explosion (USD 6 Million)
- LED manufacturer: Product liability (USD 3.5 Million)
- Shopping complex: Fire/Explosion (USD 2.5 Million)
- Hydro power plant: Penstock damage (USD 2 Million)
- Glove factory: Fire (USD 2 Million)
- Recycling plant: Fire (USD 2 Million)
- Bank: Third party fraud (USD 2 Million)
- Car manufacturer: Fidelity guarantee (USD 1.5 Million)
- Contractors All Risks: Slope failure (USD 1 Million)
- Air-conditioner manufacturing plant: Machinery breakdown (USD 1 Million)