General Aviation Surveyor – Germany
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual from an Aircraft Maintenance Engineer and/or Pilot background seeking to develop their career in the field of Aviation Claims. Experience within the General Aviation and rotary wing sector will be highly desirable.
Reporting to the Managing Director – Germany, the General Aviation Surveyor will have accountability for McLarens Aviation claims handling, assignments, reporting, file management and time recording. These tasks will be carried out in accordance with company procedures and with full use of the McLarens One claims management system.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Performing loss survey work, technical appraisals and reporting on behalf of insurers and interested parties, undertaking consultancy tasks as required
- Effectively managing project files and work in progress with timely responses to instructions and enquiries
- Close liaison with clients and colleagues regarding claims handling
- Ensuring activities meet and integrate with organisational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care
- Developing awareness of market and competitor activities and provide relevant reports and information
- Identifying and contributing to new business development opportunities
- Forging stronger partnerships with key accounts to maximise revenue opportunities and account retention
- Carrying out PR activities for McLarens Aviation
About you – Knowledge and Experience:
- Licensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer
- Practical experience in the areas of aircraft repair and maintenance on a variety of aircraft
- Fluency in English and German
- The ability to prepare concise and accurate assessments and comprehensive, well-structured reports for technical and non-technical readers
- Analytical, reasoned and methodical approach
- Team player with strong current technical knowledge
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills to enable development of working relationships with clients and colleagues
- Ability to work independently and to deal effectively with multiple priorities and conflicting demands
- Computer literacy with a practical understanding of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Additional language skills would be advantageous
Should you wish to apply, please submit your CV and supporting cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you.