Loss Adjuster – Real Estate (Sydney and Brisbane)
McLarens is a leading global claims services provider that helps clients achieve timely and equitable claims resolution.
The McLarens group of brands is trusted by clients worldwide to deliver the best in claims management, loss adjusting and auditing services to pre-risk and damage surveying. With direct operations in 200 countries and over 1,800 team members, McLarens is a global leader with a customer-centric culture, with quality at the heart of everything we do.
We have a fantastic opportunity for Loss Adjusters to join our newly established Real Estate team in both Brisbane and Sydney. Reporting to the National Manager – Real Estate, these roles would suit those with experience in a Loss Adjusting role, looking to develop their career further.
- Manage own portfolio of strata and high net worth claims from appointment to settlement with appropriate supervision;
- Attend site meetings as/when required to document claim assessment including capturing of evidence (e.g. site notes, photographs, videos, surveys);
- Source, engage and manage subject matter experts as required;
- Complete documentation to update key stakeholders throughout the course of the claim (including reports, letters, loss management plans);
- Provide on the job training, mentoring and supplementary training when required, for the employees of McLarens group of companies and clients
- Raise the profile of McLarens in property insurance markets; regular client interface with re/insurers, brokers and risk managers
- Research, analyse and interpret complex information from a range of sources, including legal contracts (such as policy wordings and leases);
- Compile and maintain data spreadsheets, as well as reconcile invoices to monitor claim costs;
- Provide excellent customer service to key stakeholders using a variety of methods (from site visits, emails, phone, remote meetings) to deliver outcomes on claims;
- Complete both desktop and on-site investigations (requiring regular travel)
- Prepare and deliver presentations on new account nominations and at client and market seminars;
- Build professional relationships internally and externally with stakeholders;
Knowledge and Experience
- Working towards or completion of a Diploma of Loss Adjusting or equivalent qualification
- 1+ years’ Loss Adjusting experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload to achieve competing demands
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Ability to show initiative and a willingness to learn and develop
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in managing residential and commercial strata claims