Alasdair started his career in 1976 working as an insurance technician for a major international broker with a focus on commercial and construction claims. He then moved into adjusting with UK’s largest firm of adjusters in 1979 and worked as an assistant to the Director of Construction based in London. Alasdair handled construction claims for two of the largest building contractors in UK.
In 1986, Alasdair moved to Hong Kong with the same adjusting company to assist in establishing a new office. After 2 years, he was appointed Managing Director and handled major losses both in Hong Kong and throughout the Asia region. In 1997, Alasdair moved to the Philippines to work as Technical Director to assist with the development and growth of that office.
Alasdair joined McLarens Philippines in 2021 as a Technical Consultant.
- Earthquake damage to port in Guam (USD 20 Million)
- Malicious fire at casino in Manila PD + BI + PL (USD 25 Million)
- Chiller Machinery Breakdown in Guam at major hotel including BI (USD 5 Million)
- Typhoon damage at industrial plant in Philippines PD + BI (USD 40 Million)
- Machinery Breakdown at 600 MW coal fired power plant in Philippines PD + BI (USD 22 Million)
- EAR – Turbine failure during commissioning at power plant in Philippines PD + DSU (USD 18 Million)
- Typhoon in Saipan damaged airport complex PD + BI (USD 23 Million)
- CAR – Fire at Manila construction site damaged elevated road PD (USD 15 Million)
- Typhoon damage at large geothermal power complex in Southern Philippines (USD 35 Million)