Alex started working within loss adjusting with Cunningham Lindsey’s Bristol office in 2004 after completing a degree in film. Initially, he was handling a portfolio of subsidence losses, before moving to CL Redhill where Alex led a team of handlers specialising in major domestic losses and gained his first experience of the HNW market.
Alex took an opportunity to become a field adjuster in 2007, handling domestic and some smaller commercial losses (Property Owners), with a value up to £25,000. He was promoted to deal with large losses within CL Redhill, handling a mix of domestic large loss and commercial claims up to £100,000 before moving to join Tim Carpenter’s Private Clients team.
He developed his specialisms in major domestic loss and HNW over three years before leaving to join QuestGates after 11 years at CL. Between 2015 and 2018 Alex was responsible for developing the new QuestGates Private Clients team, becoming Head of Private Clients.
Whilst with QuestGates, he balanced a caseload of MNW/HNW/UHNW and major domestic losses with day-to-day management of a growing team, client liaison, and product development, before deciding to join McLarens Private Clients.
Alex has been a member of the CILA Special Interest Group for High Net Worth (HNW) and Specie for a number of years and in 2021 became Chair of the group. Alex leads the group in providing technical expertise in claims handling to CILA members and the wider insurance industry, as well as regularly producing material which promotes reflection on how to approach and overcome common challenges in HNW claims.
- Major storm damage to central London home of CEO of major UK Insurer (USD 1 Million)
- Demolition and reconstruction of large detached family home following escape of kerosene heating oil (USD 1.2 Million)
- Demolition and reconstruction of large detached riverfront property following flooding (USD 675 K)
- Theft of 17th Century Neopolitan violin from Naples, Italy involving local investigation (137 K)
- Fire damage to Grade 2* listed thatched house, built with cob construction (USD 472 K)
- Water damage to marble bathrooms and trompe l’oeil features in mansion house property belonging to well-known media magnate (USD 135 K)
- Theft of guitar from a well-known musician (USD 27 K)
- Fire damage to Grade 2* listed Tudor house with curtilage listing (USD 540 K)
- Fire damage to Grade 1 listed prominent thatched house involving UK Secretary of State (USD 1 Million)
- Complex water damage claim to Grade 1 listed Medieval house belonging to well-known journalist and columnist (USD 200 K)