Alvin Loh graduated from the University of Abertay Dundee, United Kingdom with a bachelor’s degree with Honours in Business Administration majoring in Management and has attained his Basic Certificate Course in Insurance Loss Adjusting (BCILA) as required by the regulatory body.
He commenced his career in loss adjusting early in the year of 1998 with a renowned and one of the largest international loss adjusting firm with extensive global network in Penang, Malaysia before being promoted to head its Kedah Office in the further northern territory of the country. After stabilizing and establishing the Kedah Office, he was then transferred to the Head Office in Kuala Lumpur to assist in its operations there before returning to spearhead Penang Office in the year of 2008.
Throughout his entire years in this industry, he has vast knowledge, skills and exposure in handling various types of losses involving both motor as well as non-motor classes/general of insurance. Motor classes of insurance include motor damage losses, vehicle investigation, motor vehicle theft, third party property damage, third party bodily injury, etc.
In addition to motor classes of insurance, his notable technical skills and abilities lie in the non-motor/general claims which encompass property, financial, fidelity guarantee, liability, explosion, engineering, plant and machinery, equipment as well as other miscellaneous classes of insurance for personal, commercial and industrial losses.
Due to his in-depth experiences and exposures in-depth in handling catastrophe losses in various parts of Malaysia in particular major windstorm as well as flood calamities, he was enlisted to be involved in the major catastrophe loss in Hong Kong and Macau caused by the Super Typhoon Mangkhut in the year 2018.
In his last appointment as an Assistant Vice President and Head of Branch, Penang, he managed the portfolios of both local and global insurers, brokers and corporate clients/multinational corporations (MNC). He has also often been invited by insurers in to conduct trainings, talks and continuous professional development presentations on insurance related matters and/or topics.
- Paper manufacturing factory plant – Fire (RM32 Million)
- Cocoa and chocolate factory plant – Fire (RM17 Million)
- Fraud claim involving an electronic manufacturing factory plant – Fire (RM7 Million)
- Importer of animal feed and nutritional products – Flood (RM7 Million)
- Electrical goods warehouse – Flood (RM4.5 Million)
- Furniture manufacturing factory plant – Flood (3 Million)
- Seats manufacturing factory plant – (RM2.5 Million)
- Fibre materials manufacturing factory plant – Product liability (RM2.5 Million)
- Plastic manufacturing factory plant – Machinery breakdown (RM2.3 Million)
- Fabric manufacturing factory plant – Product liability (RM2 Million)
- Solar panel manufacturing factory plant – Fire (RM2 Million)
- Fibre materials manufacturing factory plant – Machinery breakdown (RM2 Million)
- Solar power generation system and plant – Flood (RM1.3 Million)
- Biogas plant – Damage to protective shield (RM1.2 Million)
- Vehicle component parts manufacturing plant – Flood (RM1 Million)