In addition to mining and manufacturing losses, Bob’s specialty extends to Builder’s Risk, Pulp & Paper, Energy, Boiler & Machinery and Business Interruption. Bob began his career in 1972 with the Hartford Fire Insurance Company (Hartford Insurance Group), Lumbermens Mutual (Kemper Insurance) and Factory Mutual, then General Manager of M.F. Bank & Co. Canada, an insurance salvage firm, from 1980 to 1984. Bob joined G.W. Cleary & Associates in 1984 as an independent adjuster, becoming co-owner and president in 1990. G.W. Cleary & Associates merged with Adjusters Canada Inc. in 1995, where Bob continued his career at what merged into Crawford & Company (Canada) Inc., moving to Vancouver, British Columbia in 2000 to 2005 as Manager Technical Services, handling and/or supervising major Property and Boiler & Machinery losses across Canada and Internationally. Bob joined MGB Claims Consultants Inc. in 2019.
Bob has been involved in the adjustment of major property and business interruption losses, both domestic and global. Currently, Bob’s focus has been on losses involving the auto parts manufacturing and mining industry, having been appointed as the control adjuster to Property Insurance Programs for a number of mining accounts and to a global auto parts manufacturing firm.
Bob is involved in the Canadian Independent Adjusters Association and Loss Executives Association.
- Iron Ore Mine – Failure & collapse of tailings dam (USD 1.5 Billion PD/BI)
- Copper Mine – Pit Wall Failure (USD 1.4 Billion PD/BI)
- Hurricane Katrina – Hospital Complexes – Flooding (USD 920 Million PD/BI)
- Particleboard Manufacturing Plant – Explosion & Fire (USD 250 million PD/BI/Extra Expense)
- SAG Mill – Fire (USD 200 Million PD/BI/Extra Expense)
- Ball Mill – Slide Ring Crack (USD 120 Million PD/BI/Extra Expense)
- Copper Mine – Conveyor Collapse (USD 100 Million PD/BI)
- Heavy rain / flooding & mudslide – washout power distribution infrastructure (USD 65 Million PD/BI)
- 2 – 22,000 hp compressor motors – Electrical Breakdown (USD 60 Million PD/BI)
- SAG Mill – Fire (USD 32 Million PD/BI)