Budi graduated with a degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Indonesia – Jakarta in 1987. He then joined Schlumberger South East Asia as a testing engineer before taking a major in industrial engineering at Aachen University of Technology in Germany.
In 1993, Budi joined McLarens Indonesia as an adjuster. In 1998, he was involved in the handling of claims that resulted from the very severe rioting that occurred in Jakarta, and elsewhere within Indonesia.
He has experience in handling a wide range of losses, particularly property and engineering claims as well as particular experience in the elds of construction & erection, logging, and agro industries. He has also been involved in claims arising from acts of terrorism that occurred in Indonesia, such as the multiple bombings of 5-Stars foreign owned / operated hotels in 2009.
In 2012, he became the President Director of PT. McLarens Indonesia.
- Various kinds of heavy machinery claims worth between (USD 500 K- USD 5 Million) since 1993
- MB claim of combined cycle power plant in West Java in 1998 (USD 20 Million)
- Riot claim of Japanese car dealer at branches within Sumatra, Java, and Bali during Indonesian riot 1998 (USD 5 Million)
- Earthquake claim of an integrated plywood and woodworking factory in Moluccas 1999 worth (USD 130 Million)
- MD and BI claim of flooding of plywood and woodworking
- Liability claim of mud eruption claim in East Java in 2006 (USD 40 Million)
- MD and BI claim of a head to head collision of two large mining off-highway truck in 2013 (USD 7 Million)
- MD and BI claim of an integrated fibre and polyester manufacturing plant 2015 (USD 25 Million)
- MB and BI claim of a pulp and paper factory in 2016 (USD 8 Million)
- Marine cargo claim of a large shipment of Heavy equipment and generator in 2015 (USD 3 Million)
- Workers compensation of fatality of an expatriate at oil and gas field in 2014 (USD 2 Million)
- Fire accident at a national oil refinery in Sumatra in 2014 (USD 6 Million)