Carlos began his career in loss adjusting working with McLarens Toplis Mexico, where he gained experience handling Marine and Property losses as well as surveys at ports and airports and catastrophe claims that includes hurricanes and earthquakes in Mexico.
Since 1998, Carlos has worked throughout Mexico and Central America managing claims related to cargo and maritime transport, air transport and land transport. Since his start in the industry Carlos has gained wide experience working with both local and international markets, with insurers and reinsurers worldwide.
During the last 15 years, he has principally focused on claims arising from the maritime industry. This includes inspections of cargo, the supervision of loading and unloading in ports, airports and rail terminals. Carlos is well versed in claims for civil liability arising out of the aforementioned industries.
- Damage to turbine in Texas after Hurricane Ike in 2008
- Damage to steel bobbins by condensation during transport
- Multimillion dollar claims related to damage to property during warehousing
- Claims related to transport and cargo by contamination
- Claims related to rail transport during construction of installations
- Risk inspection, loss prevention, and advice
- Supervision and approval of local adjusters work in respect of General Average losses in Mexico and Argentina