Carmel graduated from the University of Limerick with an honors degree in Business Studies majoring in Insurance and Risk Management and minor in Law in 2001. Carmen then commenced her career as a liability adjuster for a loss adjusting firm in Galway in 2001. After working initially as a liability adjuster in the West of Ireland area, Carmel then worked from the Munster area. In 2007, Carmel completed the Advanced Diploma in Insurance and became ACII qualified. In 2012, Carmel took on a consultancy role to a local authority as a claims handler/adviser. Over her time in the industry, she has gained significant experience in the investigation and handing of a wide variety of liability losses including personal injury, motor, third party property damage and defamation cases. Carmel is also experienced in risk surveying.
Carmel is currently a council member of the Limerick branch of the Insurance Institute of Ireland.
- Fatality cases in motor and employers liability
- Claims arising in the security industry
- Public liability claims arising from large scale events for concert promoters
- Serious injury cases such as head injury and spinal injuries arising from motor and workplace accidents (€500+)
- Employers liability claims arising in the construction industry
- Food poisoning claims
- TPA claims handler on car hire rental account for third party motor damage and personal injury
- Claims arising in the fast food chain industry