Claire began her career as the office junior in a small adjusting firm in Manchester, UK, specialising in construction and plant and machinery claims back in 2011.
Within her first year, she was promoted to Salvage Co-ordinator, managing the sale of damaged or stolen/recovered machinery through a dedicated auction website, and leading the legal and logistical processes involved in repatriating stolen machinery from overseas.
A year later, Claire began her adjuster training and spent three years dealing with plant and machinery claims before moving onto contract works losses when the small adjusting firm she started with was purchased by a major adjusting firm.
Claire spent three months in Brisbane in 2015 assisting with CAT claims following Cyclone Marcia. Upon her return to the UK, she relocated to London to gain mentorship from some of the UK’s leading construction adjusters and become more heavily involved in high value and complex construction losses.
In 2018, Claire was given the opportunity to permanently relocate to Brisbane as a Construction Adjuster. This allowed her to widen her experience with contract works claims involving complex defect and contractual matters. She also became involved in a number of construction liability and major loss property claims and was promoted to National Manager – CONENG Express Claims the following year.
Claire joined McLarens in April 2021 as a Specialist Adjuster in the Construction and Engineering, Natural Resources team. She is Cert CII and Cert CILA accredited and is currently working towards Dip CILA.
- Construction liability claim for water damage to existing sports floor (AUD 360 K)
- Hail damage to multiple domestic construction sites (AUD 600 K)
- Storm damage to civil works (multiple locations) (AUD 800 K)
- Structural damage to education facility due to defective design (AUD 2 Million)
- Fire damage during refurbishment of residential property (AUD 400 K)
- Bank slippage (AUD 1 Million)
- Storm damage at Royal Air Force Facility (AUD 250 K)
- Theft by deception from national hire company (AUD 300 K)
- Damage to Ministry of Defence equipment (AUD 200 K)
- Damage to manufacturing warehouse in Cumbria floods (AUD 250 K)