Colby Gathers graduated Oklahoma State University in 2014 with an undergraduate degree in Agricultural Business where he immediately assumed a regional sales position with an emphasis in plant nursery/greenhouse operations.
Colby began insurance career with McLarens in May of 2018. Starting off in a field advisory role, Colby obtained first-hand experience in assessing and estimating loss related damages via Xactimate. Colby has since handled various field inspections which includes small and large losses. In addition, Colby also served as apart of McLaren’s Field Catastrophe team in Louisiana during the historic 2020 hurricane season which included hurricanes Laura, Delta, and Zeta.
In 2019, Colby quickly shifted into a hybrid role with McLarens. While continuing to assist clients with local adjustments/assessments from the field, he also adopted a role in Third-Party Administration. Within this role, Colby has obtained multiple years of experience in assessing commercial coverage, building relationships with, and reporting to, clients within the international and domestic space, negotiating settlements of large losses, overseeing the handling of multiple bordereaux for various clients, and facilitating payments on behalf of the respective Carrier.
- Apartment Building – Fire Loss (USD $11 Million)
- Commercial Textile Building – Fire Loss (USD $9 Million)
- Catastrophic Hail Loss (USD $3.5 Million)
- Commercial Retail – Fire Loss (USD $3 Million)
- Commercial Building – Fire Loss (USD $3 Million)
- Commercial Textile Building – Fire Loss (USD $2.5 Million)
- Agriculture Food Processing Facility – Fire Loss (USD $2 Million)
- Apartment Building – Fire Loss (USD $1.8 Million)
- Multiple Claims as Third Party Administrator for Various London Syndicates: Winter Storm Uri 2021
- Multiple Claims as Third Party Administrator for Various London Syndicates: Hurricanes Laura, Delta, and Zeta