Darren has been in the insurance industry for in excess of 40 years with the last 30 years spent in various loss adjusting roles.
After initially commencing as a property adjuster and moving on to become a Specialist Liability adjuster, Darren transitioned into management.
Prior to joining McLarens as their Australian Operations Manager, Darren held several positions with a multi-national loss adjusting firm: the latest roles being Regional Manager QLD, NT, SA & WA, Singapore Country Manager and State Manager for QLD. He has extensive experience in managing loss adjusting operations particularly in catastrophe response.
Darren holds a Bachelor Degree in Business (Insurance), is a Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Chartered Loss Adjusters and is a Senior Associate of the Institute of Insurance and Finance. Darren is also involved in ANZIIF and AICLA.
- Fire claim – Accountancy Practice (AUD 1 million)
- Public Liability claim – Terrorism incident – International Hotel (US$25 million)
- Product Liability claim – Beverage manufacturer (US$4 million)
- Personal Injury claim (Paraplegia) – Shire Council – (AUD 2 million)
- Personal Injury claims (various) – Prison Corrective Services (up to AUD 1 million)