Dat started his career in 2013, working in various analyst and accounting roles in the energy and tech industries. In 2016, he transitioned to the insurance industry, joining an independent adjusting firm where he has since been actively involved in various large complex industrial and energy losses. He has experience in industrial property, auto, casualty and construction (wrap up/ course of construction).
Dat has a Bachelor of Commerce majoring in Accounting and a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Economics from the University of Calgary. He obtained his CIP designation from the Insurance Institute of Canada in 2019.
- Hospitality: Fire (CAD $1.4 Million)
- Course of Construction: Vandalism (CAD $600K)
- Commercial Building: Water damage (USD $750K)
- Commercial Building: Vandalism (USD $175K)
- Construction: Heavy Equipment (USD $150K)
- Commercial General Liability: Personal Injury (USD $85K)
- Commercial Property: Fire (USD $400K)