David Austin commenced his career as a loss adjuster in 1995, working for Thomas Howell Group. As an expert in Construction & Engineering and Property, David has handled various claims up to 45 Million USD.
He received his Bachelors of Technology degree in Building Surveying, is a member of the Australian Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters and Australian and New Zealand Institute of Insurance and Finance, and received a New Zealand earthquake certification.
David joined McLarens in 2017 as a specialist loss adjuster.
- Global Construction Company: Failure of port sea wall (AUD 45 Million)
- Commercial Builder: Construction Fire (AUD 4 Million)
- Tier 1 Builder: Failed retention wall (AUD 8 Million)
- Manufacturing Plant: Damage to chipping machine (AUD 5 Million)
- Civil Contractor: Storm damage to road works (AUD 2 Million)
- Piepeline Project: Damage to gas pipeline (AUD 2 Million)
- Civil Contractor: Cyclone damage to pipeline/infrastructure (AUD 5 Million)
- Renewable Energy: Damage to pilot power generator (AUD 2 Million)
- Pipeline Project: Damage to water pipeline (AUD 15 Million)