David has been an independent aviation insurance adjuster for nearly 30 years. He began his career in his hometown of New Orleans, Louisiana. In 1994, he opened a branch office for Bonnett & Associates in Chicago, Illinois. While there, he managed and handled multi-million dollar claims for the CGL carrier for the city of Chicago Department of Aviation. He also participated in regular Safety and Risk Management meetings with the city and airline officials. In 1999, he relocated to Orlando, Florida after accepting an offer from Universal Loss Management (ULM), a captive aviation insurance claims adjusting company. At ULM, he handled complex aircraft liability claims. He also assisted with the management of claims in litigation. Within two years, he was promoted to Office Manager then Regional Manager. As Regional Manager, he was responsible for supervising the work of 10+ field adjusters positioned throughout the eastern United States. He also assisted with marketing the company’s services. He regularly attended and participated in industry-related conferences.
Before joining McLarens, David was Executive Regional Manager for Aviation Light Services Corp. (Aviation LS), a subsidiary of Crawford & Company. As Executive Regional Manager, he was responsible for receiving assignments from all clients and distributing them to the team and supervising the activity as well as serving as liaison for all clients. In addition to his managerial duties, David handled a full compliment of complex aviation first and third party claims.
David is also a member of Aviation Insurance Association (AIA) and the Organization of Flying Adjusters (OFA) which he served as President in 2013.
- Aircraft insurer – large cargo plane made emergency landing in Fort Lauderdale neighborhood (USD 1 Million+)
- Aircraft insurer – plane crashed through roof of exotic car dealership. (USD 1 Million+)
- Aircraft insurer- large WWII amphibious plane taking on water was beached by pilots. Managed recover of the aircraft for the insurer (USD 500k)
- Aircraft insurer – planes collided mid-air with casualties. Managed all claims arising from the accident (USD 1 Million+)
- Aircraft insurer – large hangar partially collapsed by Hurricane Charlie in 2004 trapped 15-20 airplanes. Assembled rescue team for aircraft occupants before roof collapsed and before the passage of the next hurricane. Also managed the subrogation investigation (USD 1 Million+)
- Aircraft insurer – plane crashed in a remote area with 6 casualties. Managed all claims arising from the tragic accident (USD 1 Million+)
- Aircraft insurer – jet engine ingested foreign object. Assisted insurer with adjustment of claim (USD 750k)
- Aircraft insurer – plane crashed through roof of building in downtown Atlanta, GA. Investigated loss and managed all claims, and testified at trial that resulted in favorable outcome (USD 1 Million+)
- Airport premises insurer – handled numerous slip, trip and fall claims for the CGL carrier for the city of Chicago Department of Aviation by conducting more thorough and timely investigations. Helped reduce the number of lawsuits and claims were tendered to other parties for handling.
- Products – completed ops/hangarkeepers. Handled numerous claims for the insurer of aircraft repair shops and FBOs.