David joined McLarens in December 2011 to launch and develop our Casualty Practice in Ireland. His career commenced as a liability underwriter with a composite Insurer before diversifying into loss adjusting, where he has now practiced for 25+ years as a specialist liability adjuster. He took over as Head of Operations for Ireland 2019 and following the establishment of our new entity in the Republic of Ireland in April 2021, he took on the cross-jurisdictional role of Technical & Client Lead.
David has experience across the broad range of casualty claim disciplines but has specialised in the investigation and management of catastrophic personal injury claims, products liability and TP property damage claims, including construction liability and professional indemnity with complex contractual and subrogation issues and pollution/environmental risks. In addition to his professional insurance qualifications, David also qualified as a Technical Member of the Institute of Occupational Safety & Health in and undertakes pre and post-accident risk management surveys and assessments.
- EL claim involving a fall from height with catastrophic paraplegic injuries and permanent care requirements (GBP 4 Million)
- Appointed to act for Principal Contractor on one of largest construction related fires ever in Ireland (GBP 150 Million)
- PL claim of sub-contractor of specialist piling contractor on large civil engineering contract: Injury (GBP 750 K)
- Several EL & PL fatality cases and the management of defence cases for HSENI prosecutions
- Professional indemnity claim: M&E Contractor engaged on a design & construct basis for new university campus building (GBP 3 Million)
- Product liability claim for supply chain component in food processing industry (GBP 350 K)