Feargal is a CDIP LA & CIP qualified Major & Complex Loss Adjuster. He joined McLarens as Head of Property in August 2022 and specialises in Business Interruption, Commercial and Domestic claims, with an existing experienced background in Accountancy and Finance.
Feargal joined McLarens from Sedgwick having worked with them for 21 years. He managed their Limerick Branch Office from 2004 through to 2008 prior to establishing a Sedgwick Midlands Regional Office which operated between 2008 and 2010. Thereafter he joined their Catastrophe Response Team based between Galway and Dublin prior to helping to establish Sedgwick’s very successful Latent Defects Unit in 2011, becoming Project Manager on the pyrite remediation scheme, overseeing direct reinstatement works on hundreds of properties across multiple housing estates throughout the East Coast and Midlands.
In 2014 Feargal took overall responsibility for managing both the Cork and Waterford Branch Offices in terms of the Property Loss Adjusting Functions, incorporating oversight and management of property loss adjusting claims throughout the Munster Region. In addition, since 2014 he has worked on multiple hurricane, storm, fire or flood catastrophes and large loss responses internationally in Bermuda, America and Australia. More recently he was key to the Covid 19 Business Interruption Cat event response for Sedgwick Ireland in terms of both client and operational management.
Feargal’s specific experience includes: Latent Defects, Commercial and Home Divisions. Member of Large Loss Team. Feargal is also a specialist in the Fields of; Structural Latent Defects Claims, Business Interruption, Large Losses Commercial & Domestic, International Hurricane and Large Loss Emergency Response Team, Client Account Management, Audit, QA and Operational Management.
Feargal is also involved with the following associations; Member Insurance Institute Of Ireland and Member of Chartered Institute Of Loss Adjusters.
- Hurricane Humberto, Multi Location Hurricane Damages Single Policy Claim, $3.6m Gross Settlement.
- Multi Location Single Policy, Covid 19 Business Interruption Claim, €3ml.
- Special Investigations Unit Public House Fire Damage Claim, €1.5ml, Buildings, Contents, Business Interruption Claim – Nil Payment Made.
- Special Investigations Unit Commercial Fire Damage Claim, €1.5ml, Contents, Equipment, Business Interruption Claim – Nil Payment Made.
- Equipment, Contents and Business Interruption Flood Damage Claim – Australian Floods 2022 – $1.5ml.
- Hotel Laundry Facility, Buildings, Contents & Machinery Material Damages and ICOW Claim, $1.25ml.
- Direct Reinstatement Pyrite Remediation Project Management – 100 + Houses, Single Estate, Multi Million Contract to Include Additional Contracts for contents removal, storage, property rentals, floor finishes reinstatement.
- Hurricane Paulette, Multi Location Hurricane Damages Single Policy Claim, $1m Gross Settlement.
- Shop, Take Away & Filling Station Fire, Buildings, Contents, Equipment, Stock, Business Interruption, ICOW, €530K – With Recovery Actions.