Born in Ecuador, Fred was educated in the United States and is bilingual. After spending time with two major insurance companies, Fred attended Southwestern University School of Law and joined McLarens in 1990.
Fred is a licensed adjuster in California and has been involved in a number of losses spread across various classes of business. His liability experience encompasses all aspects of casualty claims. He has adjusted numerous multi-million dollar claims during his career. Fred has also handled property losses of various sizes and took an active role as part of the company’s catastrophe team following the Northridge Earthquake. Fred serves the specialty market by attending mediations and settlement conferences on the insurers’ behalf when a representative is required or necessary, actively participating in settlement discussions.
Fred also acts as the third party administrator on several programs for domestic insurers and London underwriters. He monitors litigation and manages defense counsel’s activities and vendor expenses. In addition, Fred has contributed to numerous industry publications, including being featured in The Claim and Litigation Management’s Litigation Management Magazine discussing how to evaluate exposures and expenses following a fire loss.
Fred was a guest speaker at the CLM National Conference in April of 2016. He spoke at a session entitled “Construction – How to Best Wrap Up Construction Claims in the 21st Century”.
- Canned Tuna: Product Recall (USD 6.5 Million)
- Contaminated Energy Bars: Product Recall (USD 2 Million)
- Defective Cookware: Product Recall (USD 1.3 Million)
- Contaminated Black Pepper: Product Recall (USD 1.2 Million)
- Contaminated Bell Peppers: Product Recall (USD 1.1 Million)
- Contaminated Protein Drink: Product Recall (USD 1.5 Million)
- Contaminated Meat: Product Recall (USD 520 K)
- Defective Flexible Packaging: Product Recall (USD 900 K)
- Cough Syrup: Product Recall (USD 1 Million)
- Defective Gym Equipment: Product Recall (USD 450 K)