Hans joined GAB Robins in 1993 as a Mechanical Adjuster. Since 1996 he has been a Senior Adjuster of the International Division of GAB Robins Takkenberg BV, involved in technical losses on large international projects, acting on behalf of property, liability and construction all risk (CAR) insurers.
Hans was the Dutch coordinator for the International Department dealing with losses for multi-nationals, both incoming from foreign offices of GAB and instructing from the Netherlands for Dutch multinationals.
From 1997 until 2015, Hans was the nominated adjuster on the CAR policy of Shell, dealing and coordinating all claims on the CAR policy of Shell worldwide.
Furthermore, Hans was/is the Coordinating Adjuster on the insurance program of various multinationals in the Netherlands. In 2010, Hans moved to Crawford & Company Netherlands to continue his career as an International Engineering Adjuster. In 2012, Hans returned to Cunningham Lindsey Nederland (then merged with GAB Robins Takkenberg) as a major adjuster dealing with engineering claims. Hans was member of the MCL (Major & Complex Losses) department within Cunningham Lindsey Europe.
In 2017, Hans became the Manager of the Construction and Liability Group of Cunningham Lindsey Nederland.
Hans started with Vanderwal & Joosten on 1 February 2019 to become part of the group of engineering adjusters of Vanderwal & Joosten dealing with property, liability and CAR claims on behalf of Insurers and other stakeholders.
- Water damage after extreme flooding in Dresden (Germany) to a mobile telephone switch station. € 32,000,000
- Adjuster on two subsequent fire claims in a cheese factory. Total adjusted claim on both losses € 58,000,000
- CAR claim on a LNG plant in Surat, India for an major oil Company.€∞ 4,500,000
- Liability claim for erroneously activated aerosol fire extinguishing installations in major data centres. € 25,000,000
- Liability claim after the collapse of a drilling rig on a semi-submersible. claim € 40,000,000
- Product liability claim for hydraulic steering systems of trucks. Claim was € 125,000,000, adjusted at € 1,200,000
- Fire in a main switch of a telecom providers in the Netherlands. € 100,000,000
- Fire in an industrial French fries production plant, CAR and property/BI insurers. € 20,000,000
- Collapse of STS container crane in Antwerp harbour after a being hit by Container ship adrift. € 19,000,000
- Fire and machinery breakdown in bio-mass fired powerplant. € 50,000,000