Heather commenced her career in the insurance industry in London in 2000 where she handled Irish liability claims for a leading insurance company. In 2002, Heather moved to Dublin to work as a loss adjuster, joining McLarens in July 2018.
Over her time in the industry, she has gained a wealth of experience in the investigation and handling of a wide variety of liability losses to include personal injury, defamation, professional indemnity and third party property damage. Heather has also worked closely with a plethora of prominent Irish companies on the handling of all their losses to include notable construction firms, civil engineering firms, retail stores, hotels and nightclubs.
Having achieved top scores across her ACII results, Heather is a prolific contributor and author of the liability text books and examinations set by the Insurance Institute of Ireland. She is actively involved with the Insurance Institute of Ireland and the Chartered Insurance Institute.
- Beauty Salon / Cosmetic Industry: significant facial scarring and permanent skin tone changes from IPL treatment (Reserve EUR 100 K)
- Professional Indemnity: engineer failed to check that radon sump was adequately installed into residence (Reserve EUR 750 K)
- Employers Liability: fatality at work plus associated post-traumatic stress claims by colleagues (Reserve EUR 250 K)
- Public Liability: male struck on head by broken glass bottle in nightclub. Life-changing injuries to include an inability to ever work or indeed travel by airplane again (Reserve EUR 1.5 Million)
- Policy Cover: successfully won at arbitration a dispute on cover between 2 leading insurances companies over which policy should apply (Employers Liability or Motor) (Potential case value EUR 500 K)
- Public Liability: minor suffered fracture to leg during trampoline accident. Growth plate affected. (Reserve EUR 400 K)
- Defamation: male accused of theft from a store with defamatory statement made to his employer (Reserve EUR 75 K)