Iqbal has been involved in major insurance industry claims since 1970. He has been involved in handling of claims related to fire and allied perils, and machinery breakdown. Major assignments include attending of loss due to break down of turbine at a Gas Compressor Station, loss of stock, building and machinery at textile mill due to fire, Engineering All Risk (EAR) loss at a PET Plant, loss at furnace oil installation due to floods, etc.
Iqbal has conducted various losses of machinery breakdown, loss of profit, other consequential loss, canals, bridges and various CAR & EAR losses of Sui Southern Gas Company, Sui Northern Gas Pipelines Limited, Pakistan Oil Filed and Pakistan Petroleum Limited. He has been involved in the expansion of National Refinery Limited, Pakistan Refinery Limited and Attock Refinery Limited projects. Iqbal had the privilege to conduct risk inspection assignments of large corporations including Oil and Gas Development Corporation and Oil exploration companies.
He has been a speaker at various conferences and seminars within Pakistan.
In addition to the above, Iqbal has undertaken various assignments pertaining to risk inspection and valuation of assets for insurance purposes and various other fertilizer plants all over Pakistan.
Iqbal has been involved in the Karachi Insurance Institute as a Former Executive Committee Member, and the Surveyors and Adjusters Association as the Former President.
- Fire Loss at textile factory due to riots (Approx USD 23.5 Million)
- Spinning & Weaving Mill: Fire (USD 10 Million)
- Textile Factory: Fire (USD 8.6 Million)
- Textile Processing Department: Fire (USD 2.4 Million)
- Textile Plant: Fire (USD 4.2 Million)
- Textile Warehouse: Fire (USD 2.9 Million)
- Damage to Gas Transmission & Distribution Pipelines and Other Assets: Flood Loss (USD 2.7 Million)
- Stock of Garments, Building and Machinery: Fire (USD 2.4 Million)
- Mobile Phone & Accessories Cargo Loss: Marine (USD 23 Million)
- Building, Plant & Machinery and Stocks: Fire (USD 6.2 Million)
- Cotton Bales, Building and Machinery: Fire (USD 2.4 Million)
- Office & Pledged Stock: Fire (USD 2.1 Million)
- Gas-Turbine Loss: Machinery Breakdown (USD 2.1 Million)
- Synthetics Compressor & Rotors: Machinery Breakdown (USD 2.0 Million)
- Multiple CAR losses due to floods to Canal Project (Approx. USD 70 Million)