Prior to Jake’s insurance career, he worked concurrently as a U.S. Marine in the Reserves, and as a drywall installer/finisher in Charleston, S.C. During this time, he developed his knowledge of the various finishing trades and gathered extensive, first-hand experience in restoring properties that had sustained water and fire losses to their pre-loss conditions. After completion of his military service, Jake entered the insurance industry in 2014 handling daily claims while based in Colorado.
Jake joined McLarens in 2022, and he further developed skills in the commercial loss discipline with an emphasis on controlling the costs of and swiftly resolving third-party property damage claims, while handling losses related to Hurricanes Irma, Ida, and Ian. Jake has also handled numerous wind and hail losses throughout Colorado, Kansas, and Wyoming.
Jake understands the value of continuous education in the insurance adjusting field and has attended numerous training programs involving assessment of property damages associated with estimating and claim adjusting water damage restoration, fire fuel oil, and smoke restoration, structural drying, and business interruption. He continues to attend regular courses to learn about new and developing technologies to address these challenges.
- Townhouse Community: Hail Storm (USD $1.8 Million)
- Hotel: Fire (USD $2.2 Million)
- Home Business: Fire (USD $1.1 Million)
- Historic building: Hail storm (USD $1.4 Million)
- Condo Association: Hurricane (USD $2.2 Million)
- Private residence: Arson/Fire (USD $300K)
- Private residence: Fuel oil spill (USD $1.2 Million)
- Hotel: Hurricane (USD $3.5 Million)
- Church: Smoke/Soot (USD $350K)
- Hotel and Condo Bldg: Builder’s Risk/Water (USD $2.8 Million)
- Distribution Center: Wind (USD $14.6 Million)