Jeremy’s career in the Insurance industry commenced in 2009, following service in the Australian Defence Force and experience in the salvage/recovery industry. Initially, Jeremy had experience as a property loss adjuster with a portfolio of commercial, domestic, strata and marine claims as well as involvement in several catastrophe events in Australia. In 2010, Jeremy relocated to Melbourne with a national loss adjusting firm and specialised in marine insurance.
Jeremy joined McLarens in 2015, after several years as a marine specialist with a national loss adjusting firm. Jeremy is a Senior Marine Surveyor with extensive experience with cargo, pleasure craft and cargo superintendence surveying and adjustment, and has presented to industry bodies and insurers on a variety of marine subjects. Jeremy served on the Committee of the Melbourne Marine Insurance Forum from 2015, as Vice President from 2016 to 2022.
- Steel coils damaged in transit (AUD $1 Million)
- Vaccines damaged by temperature variation (AUD $1.5 Million)
- Cargo Contamination (AUD $9 Million)
- Water Damage to Cargo – Medical Instruments (USD $1 Million)
- Warehouse Stock Loss / Pilferage (AUD $1.1 Million)
- Truck Fire (AUD $500 Thousand)
- Impact Damage to Cargo – Printing Machinery (AUD $700 Thousand)
- Temperature Damage to Cargo – Cheese (AUD $500 Thousand)
- Water Damage to Cargo – Printing Machinery (AUD $1.5 Million)
- Storm Damage to Marina (AUD $400 Thousand)
- Vessel Fire – Lightning Strike (AUD $300 Thousand)
- Truck Rollover – Carnival Machinery (AUD $350 Thousand)
- Cargo Superintendence – Military Vehicles (AUD $10 Million)