Joel is a Chartered Loss Adjuster responsible for managing public, products and professional indemnity claims of a complex, technical and sensitive nature. Joel is also the Head of McLarens Australian Casualty Department and responsible for overseeing its national casualty business.
Joel has 30 years’ experience in the investigation and management of commercial casualty and liability claims. He has extensive local and international experience having worked amongst the UK’s diverse landscape of commercial and industrial business and with many ASX listed mining, energy and construction operators and suppliers in the Australian market.
Joel is a Fellow of the Australasian Institute of Chartered Loss Adjusters and a Fellow of the International Federation of Adjusting Associations.
- Demonstrated capabilities in the investigation of significant workplace, sporting, entertainment, and marine incidents involving utmost sensitivity and confidentiality.
- Numerous high quantum personal injury claims and management of multi-party third party property losses
- Multiple forest fires and resultant third-party property and business losses ($5-8M)
- Port fire and resulting marine and business liability losses ($5M)
- Industrial / Chemical storage tank lining failures ($1.5M)
- Heavy Haulage equipment losses emanating from parts / labour failures ($1-2M)