John joined McLarens in May 2017 with over 30 years of experience in property claims management including catastrophe, residential, and municipalities. Prior to McLarens, John worked for Allstate Insurance as a large loss adjuster for 15 years, before moving up to work on their CAT team for 16 years, including working Hurricanes Irma, Michael, Sally, and Ida.
While at Allstate he also oversaw vendor claims, Pilot Catastrophe Services, and large loss CAT claims as part of the Vendor Oversight team. In his professional career, John has worked in excess of USD 1.6 million in apartment fire losses. John also has experience in slip/fall liability claims management.
- Hurricane Michael church building damage (USD 2 Million)
- Hurricane Irma various municipality building inspections in Florida
- Assisted with residential condominium: Fire and water damage (USD 7.5 Million)
- Hurricane Sally condo loss (USD 3.8 Million)
- Florida beachside resort water damages (USD 525 K)
- Florida condo water damages (USD 400 K)
- Builder’s Risk for residential condominium: Water damage (USD 350 K)
- Various hospitality assignments due to water damage from sprinklers