After working as an investigator for the Rotterdam Police Department, since 1997 John worked as an investigator for several insurance companies in the special investigations units.
John has undertaken investigations in the claim areas of damages caused by fire, liability, fraud and bodily injuries. His specialty is tactical investigation into claims using interviews with participants to obtain clarity as to how the damage occurred and who did what.
- Arson in 7 rental holiday ships, MS Amlin, 25 mln
- Liability claims of fallen crane on several houses in Alphen aan den Rijn
- Collapse of a house/shop in Den Bosch caused by removal of walls, 2 mln
- Fire caused by work at the roof of a large event centre, Swiss Re, 30 mln
- Woman who was bitten by a monkey on an island in Thailand, MS Amlin, 1 mln