John began working in the insurance market in 1989 and has been both a major loss adjuster and underwriter for crisis management coverages, active in the Lloyd’s US and Canadian domestic markets. Prior to re-joining McLarens, John was Head of Product Recall for North America at XL Catlin where he established and led their underwriting team. John has expertise in developing complex surplus lines market coverages in this fast-evolving space as well as the interpretation and application of such coverages in real life complex loss scenarios.
Crisis management coverages involve inherent reputational risk issues, requiring rapid response solutions in a digital age where insurance market clients face sudden and potentially catastrophic losses. John’s expertise in underwriting and adjusting against these risks and his in-depth interactions with insureds, carriers, and brokers across the globe have left him uniquely qualified to understand what is required to assist all stakeholders, from notification through the resolution of claims.
• Automotive component manufacturer: Defect causing overheating and fire (USD 250 Million)
• Pharmaceutical manufacturer: Incorrect active ingredient levels (USD 200 Million)
• Toy manufacturer: Lead contamination in products (USD 125 Million)
• Flavoring ingredients manufacturer: Salmonella contamination (USD 100 Million)
• Automotive component manufacturer: Seat mounting defect (USD 90 Million)
• Furniture recall: Design defect on children’s products (USD 70 Million)
• Frozen seafood storage facility: Heavy carbons contamination (USD 50 Million)
• Nut grower and processor: salmonella contamination (USD 75 Million)
Associateship of the Chartered Insurance Institute (ACII)
Chichester University - HND Business & Finance
Product Contamination, Product Liability, Product Recall, Product Warranty, Reputational Risks, Restaurant Contamination, War, Terrorism & Political Violence, Workplace Violence
31 years 1989