John began his career in Insurance in 2008 with Royal Sun Alliance before joining Crawfords in 2010 to pursue his career as a Loss Adjuster. John joined McLarens in January 2022, having previously working for Loss Adjusting firms, notably, Crawford, GAB Robins, QuestGates and Quadra for a period of 11 years. During his time in Questgates and Quadra he performed a hybrid role in the Counter Fraud Department, investigating claims as a field based special investigator.
John has experience handling a variety of claims, including domestic, commercial, heritage including places of worship, business interruption and special investigation. He has been part of major incident teams handling catastrophe claims during 2015 NSW Australia Cyclone, Cumbria floods, and London floods of 2021.
- Agricultural farm building: Fire (£200K)
- Modern Railway exhibition: Malicious Damage (£75K)
- Grade ii listed thatched cottage: Fire – Total Loss (£550K)
- Glass wall in prominent Oxfordshire castle: Accidental Damage (£30K)
- Counter Fraud Investigation: Extensive fire in farmhouse (£50 K material damage, £350K liability)
- Rare first edition book: Theft (£150K)
- North London property damage: Fire- Arson (£1 Million)
- Historical clock in Grade i listed church: Lightning Strike (£30K)
- Holiday Park: Fire (£175K)
- Catastrophic fire damage to industrial workshop (£400K)
- Storm water damage to Cinema venue (£500K)