Katie began her insurance career as an insurance defense attorney, representing carriers and insureds in lawsuits arising from product liability, construction negligence, premises liability, and insurance coverage claims. Subsequently, she joined Liberty International Underwriters as a Crisis Management underwriter, evaluating and developing specialty standalone product recall and product contamination coverages plus setting terms for a wide variety of clients.
As an attorney, underwriter, and now Crisis Management adjuster, Katie has been involved in several multimillion-dollar complex claims from inception to successful resolution. She is skilled at policy interpretation, complex risk exposure analysis and delivering solutions. Katie also has extensive experience communicating and negotiating with various business partners including carrier claim specialists, insureds, adjusters, attorneys, insurers, and brokers.
- Contaminated Product: Chicken Processor Importing to South America (USD 19 Million)
- Contaminated Product: Pathogen Outbreak in Produce (USD 24 Million)
- Product Recall: Antibacterial Cleaning Product Manufacturer (USD 30 Million)
- Contaminated Product: Granola Bar Manufacturer (USD 15 Million)
- Automotive Product Recall: Defective Actuators (USD 3.5 Million)
- Product Recall: Furniture Manufacturer (USD 11 Million)
- Product Recall: Mislabeled Pharmaceuticals (USD 7 Million)
- Automotive Product Recall: Defective Motorcycle Brakes (USD 3.5 Million)
- Product Recall: Defective Water Bottles Sold Globally (USD 2.5 Million)
- Contaminated Product: Foreign Material in Powdered Drink Mix (USD 21 Million)
- Contaminated Product: Foreign Material in Candy (USD 56 Million)
- Automotive Product Recall: Defective On-Board Chargers for Electric Vehicles (€11 Million)