Kim joined McLarens in 2020 having gained over 25 years experience, working within 3 leading loss adjusting practices in the UK and operating at executive team leadership level. She has over 30 years cross-class operational management experience within several leading loss adjusting and third party administration businesses.
In her early career, Kim spent 3 years working within an Insurer liability claims department before becoming a trainee loss adjuster with McLarens. She quickly progressed through the ranks from Branch Manager to Area Director and following the acquisition of McLarens UK by Capita, was appointed Head of Liability. She then moved to GABR , spending 6 years as Head of Casualty, before joining Davies Group. At Davies, as Director for Strategic Accounts and Business Development, Kim was responsible for casualty growth strategy and product development, alongside the management of various key cross class clients. More recently, she has spent 18 months as Managing Director of Davies Motor.
As a member of the Women in CILA group, Kim is actively involved in promoting diversity within the Insurance profession, supporting women to progress through various mentoring activities and programmes.
- A major crypto-sporidium drinking water contamination incident affecting water supply to a large number of homes and businesses in the North West in 2017.
- Flooding of a Welsh village due to the overflow of a watercourse serving a reservoir in 2016 resulting in damage to multiple homes and businesses.
- Coordinating the response to the flooding of the Thames Valley in 2014 on behalf of several commercial proerty Insurers.
- Working in conjunction with a competitor to provide recovery advice to the wider Insurance market following the Cumbria floods of 2009.
- Working with VIP clients to defend their interests and reputations in respect of a range of personal liability claims which often made tabloid headlines.
- Coordinating immediate roadside response for several major road accidents involving damage to multiple private cars and HGV’s, injuries and fatalities.
- Managing a wide range of product liability and recall claims involving food products and packaging some of which hit national headlines.
- Investigating various major railway disasters on behalf of train perating companies in the 1990’s including Paddington, Southall, Hatfield and Selby.
- Appointed by Insurers of Le Shuttle to manage the third party claims arising from the Eurotunnel fire of 1996.