After graduating from Ho Chi Minh City Economic University with a degree in Economics in 1998, he worked for The Pacific Inspection Joint Stock Company (PICO) as a surveyor. After two years with PICO he was promoted to Chief of Surveyors with the title Assistant Manager. His work involved the following:
• Supervising loading and un-loading and loss/damage prevention
• Quantity and Weight Surveys (By Weighing, Draft survey, Tallying…)
• Shore and Ship Quantification Survey
• Survey and investigation for cause, nature and extent of cargo damage
• Agricultural product and Food-stuff Survey
• Container & Containerized cargo survey
• Container condition, damage, pre-loading survey (IICL guidelines)
• Fire inspection & investigation.
In February 2002 along with some of his colleagues he established the Bao Tin Inspection Joint Stock Corporation conducting various types of survey.
In November 2002, he started working for Cargo and Science Technology Inspection Center (CASPECT).
In February 2006, he joined Nippon Kaiji Kentei (Vietnam) Ltd, a member of Nippon Kaiji Kentei Kyokai – NKKK Japan – one of the leading international inspection and surveying organizations in Japan.
In October 2008, he joined McLarens Vietnam Ltd as a Loss Adjuster/Marine Surveyor. He was made Marine Manager in 2010.