Mark began his career with Toplis & Harding in his home city of San Francisco, as an independent adjuster, and then served the insurance market with global insurers Allianz (Burbank, CA and Chicago, IL) and Zurich (San Francisco, CA), with a stop at Ironshore in Bermuda. The Bermuda stop introduced Mark to various international markets as well as direct experience with the London and Bermudian insurance processes.
Mark has held the position of Executive General Adjuster for half of his career, and has also been responsible for managing and training staff in AVP and Managing Director positions. Traditionally, roles in his recent career have been to directly resolve large, complex claims on manufacturing and construction risks, with the prior several years returning to his roots as an independent adjuster. Given Mark’s varying roles over the years, he has been fortunate to meet many people in various industries, and he finds that you get to reach out to more of them in an IA role.
Mark has served as a public educator by speaking at PRLB and the LEA.
- Water bottling plant: Tornado (USD 100 Million)
- Oil Refinery: Fire (USD 900 K)
- Tunnel Boring Machine: Breakdown (USD 300 Million)
- Nutritional Supplement Producer: Roof Collapse (USD 44 Million)
- Food Processing Plant: Wildfire (USD 50 Million)
- Quartz Processing Plant: Fire (USD 34 Million)
- Casino: Hurricane (USD 80 Million)
- University Gymnasium: Flooding (USD 16 Million)
- Hospital Under Construction: Tornado (USD 28 Million)
- Golf Course under Construction: Flash Flood (USD 13 Million)
- Biofuel Plant under Construction: Machinery Breakdown (USD 24 Million)