Maya has more than 20+ years of loss adjusting experience. She started with automobile hail claims in 1997 with Underwriters Adjustment Bureau (UAB Ltd.) and then broadened her field and handled residential and commercial losses. She moved to Crawford & Company in 2007 as a Field Adjuster then joined Zurich Canada 2 years later. She was recruited to join Cunningham Lindsey Canada Claims Services in 2011 as she handled a variety of large commercial losses and litigated claims both local and international including losses for a worldwide hotel chain (Fairmont Hotels). While she was with Cunningham Lindsey, she was approached to do consulting work for CNA Insurance from 2012 to 2017. Before joining McLarens Canada in May 2023, she was with Charles Taylor Adjusting as a Senior Loss Adjuster.
Maya has a Bachelor of Science major In Business Administration degree at the University of Santo Tomas (Manila, Philippines) and obtained her FCIP and CRM designations through the Insurance Institute of Canada.
- Various levels of liability claims for Fairmont Hotels (Canada, US, UK, Scotland, China, Australia, Dubai, and Philippines)
- Calgary Water Treatment Plant (Lamella failure)
- Large fire loss involving 15 detached homes plus the construction site
- Tourist Bus and C-Train accident injuring 45 tourists
- Crimes involving high-end vehicles
- International Cyber Theft with connections to US and Spain
- Sexual harassment lawsuits involving minors and adults (Canada and US)
- Illegal Detention of a minor