Mike started his career with the Home Insurance Company in 1991. He has held many inside and outside positions with a number of companies. He was involved in hundreds of mediations and appraisals after Katrina and worked as the litigation specialist for Zürich Insurance. He has been retained in numerous appraisals as the independent third party to act as the Umpire.
For 5 years as an Assistant Vice President – Underwriting at Zürich, he developed the methodology and co-authored Zurich’s Global Corporate Property policy known as the EDGE which has now been imported into Zurich’s network of Insurance companies as their produced policy. This was a world-wide project through-out Europe, Canada and Latin America, and in the process of doing he worked with colleagues and state regulators to enable Zürich to use a filed form.
His approach to claims adjustment puts the customer first. He looks for the right way to resolve issues and is known to “think outside the box”. Mike started with McLarens in December of 2018 and currently works in the field adjusting large commercial property claims.
Mike has was President of the Western Loss Association in 2003. He was a speaker at the PLRB Convention in 2011 with the topic of “ADR – Appraisal Means and Methods.” He was also a speaker at the AON Flood Symposium in 2018.
- Multi Family Property: Hurricane (USD 29 Million)
- Multi Family Property: Fire (USD 5 Million)
- Restaurant: Fire (USD 7.5 Million)
- University: Collapse (USD 3 Million)
- Multi Family Property: Hail (USD 5 Million)
- Multiple County Clubs: Hurricane (USD 5 Million – 15 Million)
- Church: Hail (USD 5 Million)
- Church: Flood (USD 5 Million)
- Condominium: Hurricane (USD 10 Million)
- Condominium: Fire (USD 3 Million)